This online event is being organised by members of the UK FoRB Forum’s Gender and FoRB (Freedom of Religion or Belief) working group, of which CREID is a member.
The UK FoRB Forum works across multiple organisations (civil society groups, faith or belief organisations, and human rights NGOs) to engage politicians and policymakers to advance the human right to uphold a religion or belief.
We are delighted that gender will be part of the focus for the FoRB Ministerial, hosted this year by the UK in July 2022, and with that in mind, we have organised this webinar which looks at difference aspects of religious/belief identity-based violence and gender.
13:30 – 15:00 (GMT)
08:30 – 10:00 (EST)
You are welcome to join for the full 90 minutes, or join for the relevant section(s) that you are interested in.ere will be three, 30 minute sessions with a focus on;
1) Exploring religion/belief and gender
Dr Marie-Juul Petersen, Danish Institute for Human Rights
(2) Building positive gender identities in peacebuilding and conflict-affected places
- Sharon Rosen, Search for Common Ground
- Helene Fisher, OpenDoors International
- Luke Martin, Tearfund
(3) Women and youth for social cohesion
- Professor Mariz Tadros, CREID/IDS
- Professor Rund Albazzaz, University of Dohuk
- Dr Varteen Al Hnok, University of Mosul